- My wife (who was my girlfriend at the time) was pregnant with our first kid. We didn't find out until 6 months later
- We now have 2 beautiful daughters, our own house, and moved 1500 miles away from California to Texas.
- I graduated from college, started a business, and work a 9 to 5.
- My wife also finished nursing school and is a full time nurse.
- We got married, but didn't have a wedding. In fact, only our closest circle of friends and family know that we're legally married.
Life these days is so much different than before. I remember how stressful my life was back then, because of the recession and an over jealous girlfriend who seemed annoyed that my life was consumed with school and work.
Now a days, it's all work and no play as we struggle to maintain full time jobs to pay the mortgage and hefty preschool and daycare bill for our 2 kids. Still despite living a little tight, and working too many hours for the sake of my family, we are much happier than we were 5 years ago.
Currently, my life is about trying to navigate one of the most expensive times of our kids lives; their toddler and preschool years while simultaneously trying to pay off my student loan and car note.
My wife and I, though we do our finances separate, are always on the same page when it comes to our financial goals. Financial independence. Then retirement. Which basically means pay off all our debt, then INVEST (note that I didn't say "SAVE").
I'm not sure the next time i'll remember to update my blog here. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's when my daughters are graduating high school or bring home their first boyfriends 10 to 15 years from now.
But who knows. Maybe i'll be back sooner.
Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment