This morning she got up before I did (which she usually does because she works full-time, where I am a full time college student) and as she got ready I woke up for a minute. When she saw me, rather than let it go, she continued to try and "talk" about it.
"You're mean. You'd rather watch Kevjumba (the Amazing race episodes I was watching at the time) than talk to me"
"You weren't even listening to me"
"I was trying to talk to you to relieve stress from my day!"
I had mentioned that I did indeed listen and that she was talking about what her mom said and I asked if it couldn't have waited until she got home.
There were other things she blurbed about; in summary saying that it's like we went back right to where we started. That she didn't need her smartphone anymore and that I should cancel it and get her a regular one because there's no point in having it if she isn't going to use it. She then proceeded to toss the phone on the bed and left for work.
A bit annoyed, I let her leave and went back to sleep.
She's as irrational as ever. Even more when she is angry. She tossed her cell phone on the bed as if it would affect my reasoning. Rather I was a bit amused and annoyed. Amused by her irrational behavior and annoyed that she left her cellphone. I think the better alternative would have been to take it with her and turn it off for the day. Then at least if something happens i.e. the car breaks down, she gets into an accident, needs to call work because she left late, etc. she would still have her phone while trying to get her message across.
Instead it backfired on her because not only did I turn off her phone, but I turned off mine as well. I don't know why she insists on being so childish. I've let her know that my phone policy is NOT going to to change. I've stated numerous times in numerous fights that if it bugs her THAT much, she can go and find someone else who is willing to let her have her way. Sigh.
She likes to believe that compared to other girls, she's not as demanding. I don't think I agree much with her. Material maintenance may not be as high as some girls can be, but her emotional maintenance far exceeds any others that I have dated.
However, I'm sure I'm thinking she seems worse because I live with her.
10:15Pm. Back to studying for finals. Hope the drama ends.
No comments:
Post a Comment